- Prof. Piotr Faliszewski was awarded an ERC Consolidator Grant 2020. He will work on a project entitled “Pragmatics of Multiwinner Voting: Algorithms and Preference Data Analysis”.
- M. Brill, P. Faliszewski, F. Sommer, N.Talmon, "Approximation Algorithms for BalancedCC Multiwinner Rules" nominated for Best Paper Award at AAMAS-2019 Conference (CORE A*)
- The winners of the 35th Competition of Master's Theses PTI (2017/18): Michał Krok (III prize) and Bartłomiej Grochal (distinction). Promoter: Katarzyna Rycerz,Ph.D.
- Best Student Poster: Michał Orzechowski, Bartosz Balis, Krystian Pawlik, Maciej Pawlik and Maciej Malawski, "Transparent deployment of scientific workflows across clouds -- Kubernetes approach"
at 11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing
- Dr. Piotr Faliszewski, D.Sc., has been elected the recipient of a Humboldt Research Award after having been nominated for this award by Prof. Dr. Rolf Niedermeier, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.
- Third award of the contest for the best MSc Computer Science thesis organizedby PTI (Polish Information Processing Society). "Graphical and programming support for simulations of quantum computations",
Joanna Patrzyk; Master of Science Thesis supervised by Katarzyna Rycerz;
AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland (September 2014)
- 3rd place in the category "T-SYSTEMS DATA BIG CHALLENGE" of an international competition organized by the Copernicus program for the development of the system onedata
- Awarded paper:" Massively Scalable Platform for Data Farming Supporting Heterogeneous Infrastructure",
D. Król, M. Wrzeszcz, B. Kryza, Ł. Dutka, J. Kitowski, The Fourth International Conference on Cloud Computing, GRIDs, and Virtualization, CLOUD COMPUTING 2013, May 27 - June 1, 2013 - Valencia, Spain
- A nominee of the Best Paper Award at the AAMAS 2013 Conference for the paper P. Faliszewski, E. Hemaspaandra, L. Hemaspaandra, "Weighted Electoral Control"
- First Prize at the ICCS 2011 Conference in Singapore in the competition on Executable Paper Grand Challenge for the paper
P. Nowakowski, E. Ciepiela, D. Harężlak, J. Kocot, M. Kasztelnik, T. Bartyński, J. Meizner, G. Dyk, M. Malawski, The Collage Authoring Environment in: Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2011, Procedia Computer Science Volume 4, 2011, pp. 608-617
- Scholarship of President of Cracow 2011. PhD. student Michał Wrzeszcz won a scholarship of President of Cracow. His scientific activities that contributed to advancement of the city were appreciated. His achievements (including 1st award in best IT thesis competition) are described in AGH Bulletin number 42/43.
- Best Overall Paper Award at the 2010 Summer Simulation Multiconference, Ottawa, for the paper
R. Wcislo, P. Gosztyla, W. Dzwinel, N-body Parallel Model of Tumor Proliferation, SCS Proc.2010.
- Best Paper Award at the 2010 International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology for the paper
E. Ciepiela, D. Harezlak, J. Kocot, T. Bartynski, M. Kasztelnik, P. Nowakowski, T. Gubała, M. Malawski, M. Bubak; Exploratory Programming in the Virtual Laboratory, in: Proceedings of the International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology 2010, pp. 621–628.
- Best Paper Award at the ICCS 2002 International Conference in Amsterdam, for the paper
P. Topa, J. Tyszka, Local Minimization Paradigm in modelling Foraminiferal Shells, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2002, LNCS 2330, Springer, 2002, pp. 97-106.
- Polish Committee for Scientific Research Chairman's First Prize at the Info-Festival 1995 Conference in Cracow for the paper
J. Moscinski, W. Alda, K. Boryczko, M. Bubak, W. Dzwinel, J. Kitowski, M. Pogoda, R. Slota, Applications of Parallel Lattice Gas and Molecular Algorithms in Research, 1995.